17 February 2016

a Picasso or a Garfunkel

Every once in a while, I write down what I fancy I'd do if I suddenly got a million dollars (net, i.e., post-tax). I don't set out to do it regularly. As far as I can recall there's always some prompt, some external event, that draws my attention to the topic. Most recently it was the book Julie and Romeo Get Lucky. It is interesting to see how my lists change over the years. 
   Take 10 minutes. Write the first things that come to mind. Here's my latest list, made mid-January 2016.

• invest half [500k]
• fund a vacation to Italy for Rita and her husband Luc (including a souvenir outfit for each (complete with Italian leather shoes)) [490k]
• buy art for my home (I have 4 specific pieces in mind) [430k]
• pay down scholastic debt for Rita and for my brother-in-law Grot [410k]
• book a month-o'-Sundays' worth of hotel getaways for Em, my sister-in-law [400k]
• fund Grot's retirement [300k]
• get regular massages and hair-stylin' (you wouldn't know it but I so do enjoy having my hair did) [290k]
• purchase something for my friend Luminous Fractal

3 comments:

  1. When your Dad was your age he also did this exact thing-except that he'd just talk about it, he didn't ever write the things down

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate being on your list:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete